If you’re one of the many millions of people who invest in multiple beauty products every year then you may have noticed that it can be a very expensive habit! Fortunately, looking great and keeping up with the latest beauty trends doesn’t have to break the bank. Here are some of the best tips and tricks that will help you get the most out of your products if you’re on a budget.
- Use one product for multiple jobs. For example: a lipstick can double as a gorgeous cream blusher. Liquid lipstick also makes for great liquid eyeliner (just be sure to double check the ingredients for any potential irritants), and any powder eye shadow can become a cheek and lip stain when mixed with a little Vaseline. As for that Vaseline, you’ve got yourself a lovely natural looking highlight for your cheek and brow bone too.
- Portion control! Dispensing too much product is a sure-fire way of watching your pounds and pennies rinse down the drain. Making sure that you only dispense from the container the amount of product you need is one of the easiest ways to preserve the longevity of a product. It’s often nearly impossible to get any over-dispensed product back into those bottles!
- Beauty subscription boxes are excellent for trying out new brands and products before committing to a full size product, or even committing to paying full price. The cost of the box is usually only a fraction of the cost of the products inside, and very often you’ll get to try the hottest new releases exclusively before anyone else!
- Save where you can on the basics; all those cotton pads, cotton buds and applicators don’t have to cost you the earth. A pack of cotton pads that costs 99p does exactly the same job as the pack that costs £4.99, this is such a simple way to make some savings on your daily beauty routine.
- Do your research, as very often you can pick up an incredibly similar product for half the price. More expensive doesn’t automatically mean ‘better’. Check online beauty forums, beauty blogs and reviews for the inside scoop on which products are worth the expenditure and which cult favourites are kinder to your wallet so not to be missed!
Using some, or all, of these tips will help make your beauty products go further and help you to stay within your beauty budget. Think of it this way: every penny saved on everyday products, and every extra day a product lasts, means that when you fancy a splurge on a swanky new high end item it can be guilt free knowing you’ve saved well elsewhere.